Wednesday, October 28, 2009

That’s so last year

This week when I was doing my reading for class I all of a sudden felt like a huge snob. I thought to my self “this book was published in 2007, it’s not accurate anymore, how am I suppose to read this and take it seriously when the information will be even more different next year and then the next year.” In true millennial form I also wondered why there wasn’t a newer version of the book out yet because I want it now! After I had my moment of millennial craziness I calmed down and then got freaked out all over again. How is anything I learn going to help me in life if it’s changing so much, I’ll be 24 and younger kids won’t think I’m cool because I don’t know how to most effectively use my Blackberry… or even worse that I’m so old I have a blackberry  which is so old fashioned to them… is there anyway to win when the world of technology is moving so quickly? Then I heard @alisaagozzino ‘s voice in my head “ it’s all about building the relationships.” We hear this a lot in our social media class.  Even though I won’t be able to keep up with the youngins and their newfangled technologies as long as I keep to the basics everything should be fine.

Cheers,

JoJo 

No comments:

Post a Comment