Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Complements of Social Media


Many times people talk about how social media is a waste of time, won’t last, the list goes on and on. For instance I was working in the computer lab and over heard a video conference call to a client in florida. The gentleman on the call made the comment that Twitter wasn't going to last and not many people use it in his aria. So I decided to do some research. I went to Twitter search and looked up tweets made with in 100 miles of the Florida Keys and after 60 second there had been over 300 tweets. Needless to say Twitter is just a small part of social media but it communicates quickly to many people.

These are two examples of how cool social media is and how it's anything but a waste of time.
I personally love this commercial from AT&T below. The commercial is a prime example of how social media allows people to communicate quickly, and effectively to a large group of people.






This week my brother turned 18! My baby brother is officially an adult. My parents went to visit him in Cleveland wearer he goes to school. The plan was for me to go with them to celebrate his birthday but I was unable to because rehearsal for the christmas show, a.k.a Holiday.Needless to say I was bummed out about this. I could call him but I wanted to do something cool for him because I couldn’t be there. Before I went to Holiday practice for the night I have a stroke of genius.

YouTube was the answer to my dilemma. This is what I sent to him after practice that night. He loved what I sent him, he called the video "epic".




What's the coolest thing you have ever used social media for?


Cheers,
JoJo










1 comment:

  1. I have personally not used youtube to send my sister a birthday message or something of the like (actually, I do not think I have uploaded my own youtube video at all yet!). On the top of my head, I think the coolest thing that has happened to me using social media is from the blog post I put up from about two weeks ago or so. I blogged about AskPatty.com (from New Influencers) and the President/CEO commented on my post! I thought it was really cool and I told a bunch of people (I was so excited). Because of this, I think I enjoy blogging a whole lot more.

    ReplyDelete