Monday, October 5, 2009

Games Games and More Games

Today was the final performance of Games at O.N.U. What does that mean? 24 houres of freedom!! tomorrow is the first meating for "Holiday Spectaulr" but in the mean time I am free from responsibility (besides writing this blog and cleaning the disaster that is my room.)


Before I was oficially free tonight I participated in strike after the dance show. I have never been involved in a strike at O.N.U. and I must admit that I was anxious about how it would work. I don't know anything about lighting, or sound in the theatre. On top of my lack of knowledge in this field i'm a cluts, what happens if I break an important/ expencive piece of equitment?  I must admit I was dreading the experiance all together.


Once strike began, I started looking around at al the commotion and i realized something. If the cast of the dance show was not helping there would only be about six people taking down and putting away over 60 lights, reweighting things, cleaning the dressing rooms taking apart the set and countless other jobs. As I looked around I thought about the one percenters. I had been trying to figure out how to incorperate the idea of the one percenters in my blog for a couppl days and then it just hit me.


Techies ar not the fellons in motercycle clubs, nor are they the one percent that contributes the most to social media but they are the perfect example of wht it means to be a one percenter.




According to Citizen Marketers " what they [the one percenters] do is well beyond the norm, but with innate talent and a lot of passion, citizen marketers are building conciderable audiances." ( page34 of citezen marketers) This quote applies  to thoes people dressed in black running around back stage during  a show. Without this small group of people, there would be no show. As performers, we need them. We may get the gory while they clean up but without them noting would work. To quote our director " thou shal not tick off the thechies or thou shal dance in the dark to the wrong music." 


Without the one percenters who supply us with the bulk of the internet, we too would be in the dark, social media wouldn't exist the way it does now,Wikipedia would say that George Washington was the first president and owned a t-rex breeding farm. 

We may take advantage of the hard work they put in, but we are grateful for it. 



The 1% badge ( FTW: For The Win?)

Cheers

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment