Monday, November 2, 2009

This is Halloween!!

I love Halloween almost as much as Christmas. When I was young my mom would make my costumes for my brother and I. I was a bunny one year, bell form beauty and the beast and jasmine from Aladdin, those are the three I can think of off the top of my head right now.
My family is the real reason why I love Halloween. Every year we set up the great pumpkin.  My grandfather started this tradition and my father has carried the tradition on.  Essentially we build a scarecrow in our front yard with a pumpkin for a head. Then we put a baby monitor in it’s chest and a speaker as well. When the little kids walk up to our door my dad will say hi to them through the speaker in the great pumpkins chest and when they say something back to him he can hear through the baby monitor. It’s one of the best traditions ever. My favorite memory of the great pumpkin was a few years ago a little girl was dressed up as a witch, the great pumpkin said “ well aren’t you a cute little witch” and the girl continued toward our front door and got her candy, wile she was walking away we hared her say to he mother “ he called me a witch” she sounded offended, it was extremely cute.

Another reason why this Halloween was awesome; we ate four bags of candy yesterday...yumm...

Me and my friend way back when


This was a wonderful Halloween; I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did!

Cheers,

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment