Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm Following You

For class we were required to follow two organizations on twitter and report on how effectively they use twitter. I followed  Women's Wear Daily , a fashion magazine, and Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.  
Both used it in different ways. Women's Wear Daily Updated extremely often, probably once every hour. They always tweeted things fashion related  but mostly included links to articles on the magazines cite. I thought they updated too often for my liking, it cluttered up my twitter feed and I wasn't interested in a third of the tweets. Regardless I did look at their cit numerous times so I think they way they used twitter was effective because  people who don't have something like twitterriffic will still see tweets from them when they randomly check twitter. 
Broadway cares is a very wonderful organization but they still have some work to do with twitter. It all boils down to the fact that they don't update often enough or they clump all of their tweets within a couple hours of time . Though when they do update it is meaningful and not updating for the sake of updating. Unfortunately their tweets get lost in the shuffle.  Most recently they have been tweeting about the Bernadette Peters charity concert. One thing that they do that i think is WONDERFUL is that anytime someone twitters about them, they respond and say thank you for there support. A couple weeks ago I tweeted something about ONU raising money for the organization and they responded within 20 min of me tweeting it and it seemed like they actually had listened to my pod-cast about them. That made me feel really good about supporting them because they were thankful for my support and my efforts will not go un-noticed. 


Twitter is so cool... and it's an amazing way to get your organization noticed if you do it right.



Cheers, 


JoJo



No comments:

Post a Comment