Sunday, November 8, 2009

Make a List and Check it Twice

"Cool something new from twitter, Lists!! This should be cool... um what is this... I don't have time for this and I don't understand how this is useful." This was my though process when twitter lists came out. So I decided I need to figure out what this list thing is and why on earth I, or anyone else should  use the lists. I turned to Mashable.com because they cover social media so well.
Why use lists?
It's basically a way to organize all of the people you are following. For instance say you want a laugh, you can make a list for all the funny Tweeps you follow and then you can look at all the funny Tweeps at once when you want to.

Another function is to recommend Tweeps for people to follow and vice versa. This opens up the twitter-sphere and will hopefully help people find better people to follow.

When you follow a list you are not following everyone on the list, this keeps your twitter feed less cluttered .

So how do you make a list?

1. Log on to twitter.
2. Click the "New List" link below the search bar.
3. Name list, make it private or public, click create list.
4. start adding people to your list.

Happy list making everyone, check out the Mashable article about lists,


Cheers,

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment