Friday, September 25, 2009

Mashed Twitter

Today wile I was checking out the official Twitter blog , I looked at the right side of the computer screen and saw a list of links under the heading “ TWITTER IS DEL.ICIO.US” an article from Mashable’s website called "TWEET IDEAS:13 Things to Do on Twitter Besides Tweet.”  It sounded interesting enough and guess what…IT WAS! The article by Barb Dybwad   is worth checking out in it’s entirety but I thought I would share a couple that I found particularly Interesting and  a few I found myself.

File Social



File social is a mashup that allows you to  share files smaller than 50 MB with all of your followers or you can use FileTwt to send a file to one follower. I know this will come in handy the night's i'm asking @erob1 to help me edit a paper or my resume.( Thanks Evan)

twtBizCard

In PR many professionals are on twitter, now you can send them your card in an eco friendly way that is much harder to loose than a little piece of paper with twtBizCard .  Not to mention that it's unique so it will make a tech savvy impression.

Songza


I personaly like to share the music I like with people and Songza allows me to share some of that music with my followers on twitter and update my facebook with a link as well. Just type in a song and  listen to it and tweet it. It's basically an on line juke box.

Tweetmyjobs



This may be the most useful of all the mashups I have encountered. Tweetmyjobs allows you to find out what's going on in the job market and make connections through twitter.


Now for the two I found...
TwitterBar

I got very excited about this mash up. TwitterBar an add on to firefox that allows you to use your search bar to update twitter. It seems so convenient and won't pop up every 10 seconds and distract you from what ever you are doing.

BubbleTweet
              
Bubbletweet is an interesting idea. When someone visits your twitter page a bubble pops up and  plays a recording of you welcoming people to your page. It could make your twitter stand out and enhance your personal brand. This is a good example of the right way to use this mash up.




Let me know if you use any of these mashups and how you like them.


Cheers,


JoJo

1 comment:

  1. I have never used any of these mashups, but I am much more intruiged now. Thanks for the educational post.

    ReplyDelete