Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So here is the deal...Life is good!

I officially have the most baller internship of all time!! I'm working for the amazingly talented new couture designer Nicholas Lindsey helping with PR for NYC fashion week. The majority of my job is sending e-mails and finding contact information to invite people to his show which is admittedly a little tedious but I'm a nerd and I love doing it. 

Part of the deal is that I'm moving to NYC in September!!  I wanted to do this anyways but this has given me the extra push to jump in with both feet. Now all I need to do is pack... oh crap... packing!!!  I have roughly 15 days to pack!!!! I have no idea what to take with me or how much! Right now I have 3 categories of things I need.
1: Things for Musical Theatre
2: Things for PR
3: Life things

I've got 1 and 2 basically figured out but "life things" get's a little tricky... do I need plates? What about my pink lawn flamingo... I like him so much... is there room for him? If given the choice between plates and the lawn flamingo would choosing the flamingo be rational? Probably...I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

And by October I might need a room mate... but I'll worry about that later. I've got time right?... right?.... right!



Anyone have advice on what's important to bring with me?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend bringing only the things you CANNOT buy in New York... things like shampoo and face wash etc., they sell that so don't trouble yourself with bringing that. If you only pack the things you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT live without, you'll be able to supplement the rest. And if you forget something, you can always have your parents send it :)

    I just put my life into two small bags for 3 months, so I feel ya sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete